This recipe contains whole grains. Making half your grains whole may help protect you
against many chronic diseases.
Oil spray (optional)
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup whole-grain corn meal
2 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons fat free milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 - 8 ounce can whole kernel corn, well drained
1 - 4.5 ounce can diced green chilies, well drained
1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin pan with vegetable spray or line with paper.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flours, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder,
salt and cayenne.
4. In separate bowl, lightly beat egg. Add milk, oil, corn and chilies.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
6. Lightly mix in cheese.
7. Fill each muffin 3/4 full.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out