1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 slices buttered, cubed whole grain bread
½ cup raisins
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/4 cups low-fat milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine brown sugar, cubed bread, and raisins in a one
quart microwave safe dish.
2. In a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup blend together
the eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla.
3. Heat on high for 2-3 minutes until hot, but not boiling.
4. Pour over bread mixtures and lightly blend together.
5. Microwave uncovered at 50% power for 5-8 minutes, or until
edges are firm and the center is almost set.
6. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
7. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
Tip: Serve with low-fat vanilla or lemon yogurt