1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup grated carrot
1. Beat all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl with a hand beater until smooth.
2. Spray griddle with non-stick cooking spray. Heat griddle. (To see if griddle is hot enough, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles skitter around, heat is just right.
3. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot griddle.
4. Cook until pancakes are puffed and dry around edges. Turn and cook other side until golden brown.
5. Serve with applesauce, fresh fruit or yogurt if desired.