2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 (8-ounce) can corn, drained and rinsed
1 (15.5-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (14.5-ounces) can stewed tomatoes
1/2 cup bulgur, uncooked
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic, onion, pepper, and mushrooms and sauté until tender, 6-8 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until bulgur is soft, 10-15 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve.
6. Refrigerate leftovers wi
• Use pinto or black beans instead of kidney beans.
• Top with light sour cream