1 pound ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups spaghetti sauce
4 tablespoons fresh parsley or 4 teaspoons dried
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1 pint (2 cups) low-fat cottage cheese
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
6 uncooked lasagna noodles
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook ground beef over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric
skillet) until it is no longer pink.
2. Drain fat, add onion and cook until onion is clear.
3. Add garlic, 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce, and herbs; spread evenly in
4. Reduce heat to low (200 degrees in an electric skillet), spread cottage
cheese over mixture and sprinkle with half of the Mozzarella. Top with
4 noodles, breaking remaining 2 to fill in open spaces.
5. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce evenly over the top of noodles; gently
press noodles down to moisten.
6. Cover and simmer 15 minutes until noodles are tender. Top with
remaining cheeses, cover and simmer 2 more minutes or until cheeses
7. Let stand, covered, 5-10 minutes before serving.
8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.