1 cup dry barley
3 cups water
1/4 cup raisins or other dried fruit
1 cup frozen peas or other vegetables (fresh, frozen or canned)
2 cups lettuce, washed and chopped
1 15-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
1/2 cup green onions, sliced thin (can use any onions)
1 tablespoon vinegar (rice vinegar or any others)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Place barley and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil,
then turn to low. Cook (with lid on) for 45 minutes.
2. Rinse cooked barley briefly in cold water. Drain.
3. Add remaining ingredients. Toss well.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.